How to Apply for a Wish
Families or social workers interested in submitting an application for a wish from the Marty Lyons Foundation, must first ensure that the child meets our eligibility requirements.
- The Marty Lyons Foundation (MLF) grants wishes to children, ages 3-17, who have been diagnosed with a terminal or life threatening disease.
- Child must reside or receive medical treatment within the Foundation’s designated geographic locations:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- The Marty Lyons Foundation is primarily accepting applications for first wish requests. Second wish requests (regardless of the original granting Foundation) are only granted under exceptional medical circumstances and typically considered after 2 years from the time of the child’s first wish. At this time, these 2nd wish requests are subject to a waiting list. To be added to the list for future consideration, please email our Director of Mission delivery by clicking here.
- Four (4) forms are required
- Parent’s – To be completed by the child’s parents
- Physician’s – To be completed by the child’s doctor
- Release & Indemnification – To be completed by the child’s parents and notarized
- Authorization to Release Protected Healthcare Information – To be obtained directly from the child’s medical facility and completed by the child’s parents
- Upon completion, all four (4) forms are to be mailed to MLF’s headquarters
- The Marty Lyons Foundation, 105 Sweeneydale Avenue, Bay Shore, NY, 11706