How to Apply for a Wish
Families or social workers interested in submitting an application for a wish from the Marty Lyons Foundation, must first ensure that the child meets our eligibility requirements.
- The Marty Lyons Foundation (MLF) grants wishes to children, ages 3-17, who have been diagnosed with a terminal or life threatening disease.
- Child must reside or receive medical treatment within the Foundation’s designated geographic locations:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- The Marty Lyons Foundation is primarily accepting applications for first wish requests. First wish requests are considered for children who have not received a wish from another organization nor are in the process of receiving a wish from another organization. Second wish requests (regardless of the original granting Foundation) are only granted under exceptional medical circumstances and typically considered after 2 years from the time of the child’s first wish. At this time, these 2nd wish requests are subject to a waiting list. To be added to the list for future consideration, please email our Director of Mission delivery by clicking here.
- Four (4) forms are required
- Parent’s – To be completed by the child’s parents
- Physician’s – To be completed by the child’s doctor
- Release & Indemnification – To be completed by the child’s parents and notarized
- Authorization to Release Protected Healthcare Information – To be obtained directly from the child’s medical facility and completed by the child’s parents
- Upon completion, all four (4) forms are to be mailed to MLF’s headquarters
- The Marty Lyons Foundation, 105 Sweeneydale Avenue, Bay Shore, NY, 11706
Downloadable Application Files:
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Please call us at 631-543-9474 or email us